Sunday 23 September 2012

Sunday slideshow

The iphone camera has been working hard and I've had lots of opportunities to use it.  Visiting different places presents new opportunities, but also provides a fresh perspective on home.

Firstly, some favourite urban shots.

While standing at the tram stop on Collins Street and Swanston Street in Melbourne's CBD, I noticed the building opposite was reflecting the building opposite.  There was also an open window.  I'm really pleased with this photo.

Reflections on an open window
(c) divacultura 2012
 While on a recent job at the Alfred Centre, I had some "hanging around time".  I spent it looking out the window and taking photos.  This photo is just a shot of a car coming out of the carpark, but the line markings and trajectory of the car give it extra drama.
Obedience
(c) divacultura 2012
 This is another shot taken from the fifth floor window of the Alfred Centre.  There was a building with a wall perpendicular to where I was.  It was highly reflective.  I like the way the hard lines are broken by the plumes of steam from a chimney that was behind me.
View of the world
(c) divacultura 2012


Aeroplane travel has also provided some interesting perspectives lately.

I took this shot from my seat of a DASH-8 while I was sitting on the tarmac at Coffs Harbour airport recently.


Dash detail
(c) divacultura 2012

These two photos are also from the seat of a DASH-8 leaving from Coffs Harbour, but on a different flight.


On a wing
(c) divacultura 2012

Porthole
(c) divacultura 2012
 When there's nothing else to photograph, self-portraiture is always interesting.  A glimpse of how others see you can be had.

The first of these shots was accidental when I was mucking around with the camera during my hanging around time at the Alfred Centre.  I used the window sill as a camera rest and the lighting is coming from the window.  I explored this idea further and took the second shot.

Self portrait, 14 September 2012
(c) divacultura 2012

Self portrait II, 14 September 2012
I had a makeover at Kit Cosmetics today.  It was an accident.  I was just there to buy a lipstick, but had a full makeup done, including my eyebrows.  Initially I was nervous when Caitlyn suggested "doing" my eyebrows.  I quite like them and don't think you should muck around too much.  This look was achieved with a brow kit and not a single hair was harmed, or plucked.  Hope I can replicate her work!
Eyebrow makeover, 23 September 2012
(c) divacultura 2012



The eye has it
(c) divacultura 2012



And lastly, here's proof that spring has sprung!

Spring
(c) divacultura 2012


What have you snapped lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment