Thursday 1 August 2013

The world's most frequent and pointless conversation.

"Hello? Hello? ....Are you there?"

...

"No, I'm on the train."

...

"On the train!"

....

"No...I said I'm ON THE TRAIN!"

...

"Are you there?  Hello?"

...

"Hello?  hello?...Are you there?"

....

*Grunts*

*Sighs*

*Phone rings again.*


"Yes.  No.  I don't know what happened."

...

"You dropped out."

...

"I'm on the train."

...

"About ten minutes."

...

"Sorry?"

...

"Are you there?"

...

"Hello...hello?"

...

"I couldn't hear you."

...

"I don't know what happened."

...

"I'm on the train."

...

"No...what?"

....

*Grunts*

*Sighs*

*Phone rings*

Rinse and repeat.


This represents the content of an estimated 98% of all mobile phone calls taken and made on public transport during peak hour in Melbourne.  (Based on random methodology of eavesdropping on the 20 people sitting near me.)

What's the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment