Tuesday 3 July 2012

Photo a day July - BEST PART OF YOUR DAY - it's the ritual.

Best part of your day
(c) divacultura 2012
One of the challenges of working at home can be breaking the day down into recognisable moments.  I mean, when does your working day end when you never leave the office?  The boundaries become even more blurred when you're sick.  You're still in your workplace and need to be contactable on email and the telephone to make sure the clients are still there when your health returns.

I decided early in my freelance career that I wouldn't feel guilty about taking a lunch break or deciding that work was over for the day.

One of the ways I like to mark the end of the day is by lighting a candle or two.  I like to take a moment to reflect on the day just past and night to come as I contemplate the flame and transfer it to the wick of the candle.

It's one of the favourite parts of an "ordinary" day.  Today, that moment of contemplation, signalling the end of the day, was the best part of my day.  (Today was otherwise spent with my head in spreadsheets tracking hundreds of share transactions.  Context is everything.)

What was the best part of your day today?  Do you have any regular rituals?

No comments:

Post a Comment