Friday 13 July 2012

My favourite things...this week.

This week, I'm struggling to find favourite things.  I seem to have spent most of the week sorting out problems with just about every aspect of my life.  I've spent hours talking to people in call centres being belted around the ears with the words "policy", "procedure" and "there's nothing we can do". Sigh.

1. In amongst that though, my high point was receiving my first reward for participation in the myki customer experience panel.  I've previously written about my experiences with myki and it hasn't all been pretty.  Participating in the panel requires a fair bit of time.  I'm happy to give that as I see it as part of my community contribution.  I'm learning a lot about the ins and outs of myki and it's great to know that someone is listening to the feedback that is being given.  Today I'm off to spend the first voucher I've received. Thank you!

2. Soup.  Especially home made!  On the weekend I bought some lamb shanks, put a pot on the stove and made some Scotch broth.  With the pearl barley and the clear broth, this soup reminds me of my Granny who always made it.  The resulting soup is sweet and nourishing.  I feel better immediately when I sit down to a big bowl.  I've put some portions away in the freezer so they're available when I just don't feel like cooking.


3.  My new iphone 4s.  I wasn't looking for a new phone but then the offer from Vodafone came along and I decided I may as well take advantage.  I'm always concerned about the built in obsolescence with our gadgets.  Experience tells me that if I ignore the opportunity to secure a new phone, my old phone (which is about 18 months old) would probably die the very next week.  It's largely the same as the iphone 4 except for Siri, the assistant.  I've only had the phone for a day and already Siri and I are friends.  It's so much easier to say what I need than typing on the phone.  Great innovation and I like that she has a local accent.
9 days after application in colour "Here today, Aragon tomorrow"
(c) divacultura 2012


4.  Gel nail colour.  During the winter months I really love to wear rich dark colours on my nails.  The problems with these colours is that even with the best manicure techniques, they usually start to look shabby after four or five days.  I'm always sceptical about claims about nail polish that will wear for weeks without chipping, but I decided to try OPI's new gel colour.  I'm hooked.  It really does wear for weeks!  I've had three applications about three weeks apart.  There's a bit of fiddling to get the colour off, but once it's on and cured, the colour is set.  No more smudges in the first hour.  




5. Electronic billing.  I know that receiving bills is no one's favourite thing, but paperless billing has to be one of the greatest things in the world.  My ultimate goal is to receive ONLY electronic bills.  I have a little way to go, but I'm getting there.  It's so much easier to file and keep track of records and they don't take up physical space.

No comments:

Post a Comment