Sunday 6 November 2011

I need your help.

Back in August I shared with you my contribution to supporting the work of the fistula hospital in Addis Ababa in Ethiopia in my post 4 inches of love.

I thrilled to let you know that the Stitches for Sisters group has 15 blankets ready to send to Ethiopia.  Each blanket comprises 150 knitted or crocheted squares.  The squares have been made by women all over the world and sent to our enthusiastic coordinator in NSW.  From there they have been distributed for the squares to be stitched together and made into gorgeous, functional blankets.

Sending the blankets to Ethiopia will cost around $500 and I'm asking everyone I know to help make sure these wonderful blankets reach their destination.  After women recover from surgery to repair their fistula they walk back to their homes and are each given a new dress and one of these blankets which is also worn as a shawl.

Our coordinator has set up a fundraising page on the Pozible website.  This site enables crowd funding for creative projects.  We have 30 days to reach our $500 target and pledges are only acted upon when we reach $500.  Your pledge and donation would be much appreciated.  Lots of small contributions will help us make sure our work benefits these women.

If you do decide to support us please post a comment back here on divacultura and I will match your pledges up to $100.

There's a short film about the work of the hospital here.

If you're on facebook you can visit Stitches for Sisters here.

If you're on Ravelry the Stitches for Sisters forum can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. As requested, I have supported you. How could I not! Good on your for doing all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Warwick! Lots of small contributions from lots of people make it really easy to get there. How good is pozible!

    ReplyDelete