Friday 17 May 2013

My favourite things - this week

I'm loving my new vocal group.  I went to my second rehearsal this week and enjoyed singing Sarah Maclachlan, Zap Mama, an African song and Rachmaninov - sung in Russian!  And they have a very funky name - Tongue and Groove.  Lovely group of people with a solid group of excellent male voices.  Heavenly.  I'm switching between my usual soprano spot to sing first alto on occasions and am enjoying exploring my lower register.

Today's job was pretty good.  It involved wearing pyjamas and a hospital gown and lying in bed.  There was a bit more to it than that, but it's really easy to get ready for work when that's the brief!

Walking tall
©divacultura 2013





I accidentally bought some new boots today.  Or I could tell you they followed me home...but I don't think you'd believe me.  Another pair of Fluevogs joins the collection.  The style is called Map and the colour is called Ontario Blackberry.  Yum.  I think I like this new "no black shoes" policy (apart from the one pair for corporate work).
Red boots on Fluevog day.
©divacultura 2013


Another favourite moment was when one of the women in the office told me she liked my red boots.  Well she didn't say that exactly.  She said they were "jazzy".  I found this very confusing, but said thank you because she meant well.













Even though it's cold, I love being able to parade around in the lovely scarves and hats I've knit.  The one I wore today is one of my all time favourites.  The colours make me very happy.
© divacultura 2013
The other favourite moment was being at home when the water started running out of the ceiling and being in the right place at the right time.  None of my stuff was damaged!  Thank you universe.

How's your week been?





No comments:

Post a Comment