Tuesday 11 October 2011

Hiatus

There's going to be a little time between posts where I won't be publishing divacultura and I thought I should let my readers know.

My computer is going to be fixed and will be picked up tomorrow.  The good news is that I caught the problem (for the third time) five days before the end of my extended warranty period.  The computer is taken away and then takes four working days to make its way up to the front of the queue for assessment.  It takes a further two days for the assessment at which point I may or may not get a phone call.  

It's difficult to know just how long it will really take.  The people on the end of the telephone for these situations are specially trained to use evasive language.  When asked any questions that start with the words "how long" or "when" their reflexes kick in.  This means they talk for about four minutes without breathing and pepper their statement with convoluted placements of words like "perhaps", "probably", "might", "maybe", "could", "potentially" with a skill that makes your head spin.  In the hands of these masters I go to pieces and am rendered stupid and ridiculous, making statements like "I don't understand what you're saying".  Of course, this is the worst thing to say because on their flow chart in their special handbook called "How to evade and bamboozle customer time frames" this statement sends them right back to the beginning of the process.  

So, I don't know when I'll be back.  I will be back!  I'll continue to write long hand offline and should have some good tales to tell upon my return.  I hope you'll stick with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment