Thursday 1 March 2012

Sneaking off

Sneaking off to the movies in the middle of the day during the week is one of the pleasures that my freelance working patterns affords me.  I did it today.  This week has been spent mainly at my desk (apart from yesterday when I was in a film.)  I decided that I needed to get OUT of the house.  I had some errands to run and even thought the weather was windy and rainy, the lure of the movies dragged me out.

Because I had some stuff to do in the city, I thought I'd just see what was playing when I turned up at the Kino.  Martha Marcy May Marlene was on at the perfect time and I bought my ticket.

Here's the first benefit of seeing a film at 12:20pm on a week day - there's no queue.  You just walk on up to the box office and buy your ticket.

The second thing is choosing to sit wherever you like.  I like to sit with no one in front of me.  It creates the illusion of being in my own private cinema.

There were four other people in the cinema today.  No one rustled chip packets, crunched popcorn or talked on their mobile phone.  I don't think there was even a cough registering the presence of anyone else.  None of them was sitting too close to me.  None of them was too tall in front of me, wearing a distracting hairstyle or hat.

Just me and the big screen.  It's one of my great pleasures in life, to lose myself at the cinema.  Even better when everyone else is working!

No comments:

Post a Comment